Southside Injury Law
Georgia Personal Injury Lawyers
Personal Injury Attorneys Serving Riverdale, East Point, College Park, Stockbridge, Morrow, Jonesboro, And The Entire South Metro Atlanta Region.
Quick Links On Page:
Wide-Ranging Expertise in All Areas
Causes Of Personal Injuries
Common Personal Injury Damages
Protect Your Rights
Negotiating On Your Behalf
Have You Or A Loved One Suffered An Accident Injury? Let Us Fight For Compensation That You Deserve!
After an injury, it can be difficult to manage your recovery particularly if you or your loved one has suffered a severe or fatal injury. Dealing with all of the elements of your daily life compiled with your personal injury pain and the emotional trauma of dealing with post-accident stress, the last thing that you need to be worried about is your finances. How will you pay for your monthly bills and medical expenses? These questions can make the healing, rehabilitation, and recovery that much more difficult.
Depending on the severity of your injuries, you may have lost wages due to the inability to work. This can and will impact you and your family’s quality of life. The fact that you are a victim of a personal injury due to the negligence of another party does not make fighting for your rights any easier. The truth is that those responsible and the attorney’s that facilitate injury claims on their behalf, will make every element of your personal injury claim as difficult as they possibly can in the hopes of not having to bear the cost of your claim.
Working with an experienced Georgia Personal Injury Attorney can make all of the difference. An attorney fighting on your behalf will do everything in their power to protect your rights under the law to ensure that you get the best possible outcome under the law.
A Record Of Winning Claims By Aggressively Fighting For Their Clients That Speaks For Itself.
Southside Injury Law has fought on behalf of Georgian’s for over 30 years who have suffered as a result of a Personal Injury to get them the maximum compensation possible allowable by law.
Over $100 million has been recovered to date on behalf of Southside Injury Clients.
We are proud of our winning verdicts with the courts and juries that have allowed us to garner compensation outcomes and achievements for our clients. Our team has earned notoriety for being one of the leaders in the fight for Personal Injury Claims Compensation on behalf of our clients.
The Southside Injury Law team is effective due to the fact that we have a team of compassionate defenders who have made it their life’s work to fight for the rights of victims including:
- Experienced, compassionate and dedicated attorneys
- Experienced investigators
- Experienced and dedicated claims analysts
- Experienced and compassionate paralegals
- Experienced and dedicated law clerks
- Experienced, compassionate and dedicated support staff
At Southside Injury Law, you are not only a client, but you are also considered a part of our family and we will fight for you as such. We understand that this is a trying and difficult time for you and that is why we are here to answer any questions that you may have and walk with you through every step of the way through this personal injury claim process. You are not a date on a folder or a last name, at Southside Personal Injury Firm, we treat every client with great compassion and care.
If you are losing sleep over how you are going to manage with your lost wages, injuries, medical appointments, contact our office and learn how we can help you. Let us give you the peace of mind that you deserve.
Understand That Southside Injury Law Does Not Get Paid Unless You Win Your Case
What Are Some Of The Causes Of Personal Injuries?
We offer dedicated representation to personal injury victims who have suffered injuries as a result of the negligence of others in the following areas::
- Motor Vehicle Accidents
- Truck Related Accidents
- Motorcycle Related accidents
- Pedestrian / Car Related Accidents
- Boating Related Accidents
- Dog Bite Injury Related Accidents
- Slip and Fall Related Accidents
- Product Liability Related Injuries And Accidents
- Wrongful Death
What Types Of Personal Injury Claims Do Does Southside Injury Law Assist With?
A Personal Injury can vary from minor and superficial to a major medical and/or physical injury including, disfigurement, temporary or permanent loss of mobility and more.
Summary of injuries that Southside Injury Law handles:
- STI’s (Soft tissue injury): muscle, tendon and ligament related damage.
- Head and neck injuries including; whiplash neck strain, concussions, contusions.
- TBI (Traumatic Brain Injuries and Brain damage that impacts your cognitive function.
- Physical Disfigurement, Decapitation, and Amputations.
- Damage to the internal organs.
- Injuries to the spinal cord such as paraplegia or quadriplegia.
- Limb dislocations and or hyper-extensions
- Wrongful death
You May Be Entitled To Compensation
If you or a loved one have suffered from a personal injury as a result of someone else’s negligence, you may be entitled to compensation for damages under the law.
Most Common Personal Injury Damages:
- The cost of medical care including, hospitalization, emergency medical care, ambulance, surgical costs and medication.
- Loss of current and future wages due to your inability to work.
- Damages for the loss of your quality of life.
- Damages for your pain and suffering.
- Damages for your physical disabilities.
- Damages for your disfigurement.
- Damages for the loss of your companionship.
- Damages for any property that was damaged.
- Damages for any transportation fees and charges.
Southside Injury Law Does All The Work
We know how difficult this time is for you and how important it is that you stay focused on your recovery and healing. This is where Southside Injury Law goes to work for you. We handle all of the paperwork and follow-up so that you can focus on your mental, emotional and physical wellbeing.
Southside Injury Law Makes The Process As Easy As Possible For You
Our team is prepared to guide you through the process by handling the most tedious of work on your behalf in order to ensure that you don’t have to endure stressful paperwork and repetitive documentation. What we do::
- We collect important medical records and documents to file your injury claim on your behalf.
- Collaborate with other team members, medical staff and law enforcement to retrieve medical reports, medical records, and physician notes for your personal injury claim filing. In addition, we obtain police reports, evidence, video and images for investigation and evaluation.
- Work with all parties including insurance adjusters and insurance attorneys in order to cultivate and reach a fair settlement on your behalf.
How Do You Prove Negligence?
Southside Injury Law provides a vigorous defense of your rights in order to obtain a solid personal injury claim. In order to prove negligence, the facts must show that another party is responsible for your accident injury.
There Are Four Elements Involved In Proving Negligence In A Georgia Personal Injury Claim
The Duty Of Care
Did the person or company owe you a duty of care? Here are some examples of what Duty Of Care consists of:
- Any driver on the road has a duty to operate their vehicle safely so as not to cause injury or harm to other drivers or pedestrians.
- Companies must ensure that their products are safe to consume, safe to operate and safe to handle.
- Shopping malls, retail stores or storefronts have an obligation to ensure that they do not have hazardous conditions such as wet floors, cracked sidewalks, etc.
- Medical Staff including, nurses, doctors, patient assistants, and medical assistants have a duty to provide quality and safe care to their patients.
Was The Duty Of Care Breached?
If a Duty Of Care was owed to you, was that Duty Of Care then breached? Here are some examples of Breached Duty Of Care in Motor Vehicle Injury Claims:
- Driving while intoxicated or under the influence of drugs, alcohol or medical prescription drugs not intended for use while operating a motor vehicle.
- Failure to obey traffic rules and regulations including, speeding, reckless driving, running a red light, running a stop sign, not yielding when necessary, etc.
- Distracted while driving due to texting, changing the station, food consumption, etc.
- Defective vehicle parts including, defective tires, defective breaks, defective airbags, etc.
For product liability injury claims:
- Defective Product Manufacturing – the product in question has a defect which may include, poor or inadequate assembly, inadequate or poor materials.
- Product Design defect – A flaw in the design of the product which ultimately makes it dangerous for the user.
- Failure to recall a defective product or warn the public – the manufacturer was either aware o or should have been aware of the product’s risk and did not take action in order to warn the consumer as to the risks.
In The Case of premises liability claims like Slip & Falls, Workers’ Comp Injuries:
- There were hazardous conditions associated with the property
- The Owner of Home, Business or Establishment was aware of or should have been aware of any dangerous conditions and failed to cure them and/or warn the public as to their existence for their safety. (Examples: icy side-walk, slippery floors, etc.)
In the case of medical malpractice/or wrongful death claims:
- A medical doctor or nurse practitioner provides you with the wrong prescription, incorrectly diagnoses you, operates on the wrong organ or body part, did not provide care in a timely manner, etc.
Is The Breach The Direct Cause Of Your Injury or Injuries?
In order to show that the breach was the direct cause of your injury, you must show that the negligent actions of the person/party directly resulted in your injury.
What are some examples:
- A Driver impaired by prescription medication was drowsy behind the wheel and slammed into your vehicle or person causing your injury.
- A company manufactured your tires and they exploded while you were driving thereby causing you to be injured.
- While getting food at a retailer, you slip and fall as a result of a spill that was not cleaned up causing you to be injured.
- A prescribes the wrong medication which causes the patient to fall ill or a pharmacist issues the wrong prescription and causes the patient to have a negative reaction.
Prove your injuries and any financial loss that resulted
Lastly, in order to strengthen your personal injury claim, you will need to provide evidence that indicates how severe your injuries are and the financial cost and wear that resulted from your injury or injuries.
- Any Hospital, Doctors and Medical Specialist bills for treatments of your injury or injuries.
- Your physician’s assessment including, his or her diagnosis and the following prognosis of your injury or injuries.
- Records of any out-of-pocket costs related to your medical expenses that include prescription drugs, transportation and travel fees etc.
Protect Your Rights By Contacting A Metro Atlanta Personal Injury Attorney Immediately After Your Injury.
The actions that you take directly after your accident injury will have an impact on the overall strength of your personal injury claim.
Here are some steps that you can take to help preserve your rights and protect your claim:
- Report your accident to law enforcement immediately. Do not make a private arrangement with the other party as that can negatively impact your claim.
- When law enforcement arrives at the scene, indicate any injury or ailment that you are experiencing as a result of the accident.
- Get a copy of the police report soon after your accident injury.
- Get immediate medical care, not doing so can negatively impact your injury claim.
- Document the contact information of the other party including their insurance information,
- Document the contact information of any witnesses at the scene.
- Document everything about the accident scene including obtaining images and video with your cell phone. Record any damage to your person and property. This includes any malfunctioning traffic lights or missing street signs (stop/yield etc.).
- Contact your insurance company, keep your information to a minimum until after you have spoken to an attorney.
- Contact the other drivers insurance carrier and record any information including file or claim numbers that they provide you with.
- Less is more: in speaking with any insurance employee, whether your carrier or the other parties carrier, defer to your attorney, stick to the facts and do not volunteer extra information.
- Get in touch with a Personal Injury Lawyer immediately.
We Negotiate On Your Behalf
Insurance companies will attempt to settle a case as quickly as possible. That may sound good to you in the short-term however, these settlements are often for less than the injury allows so it is important to defer to your attorney for the best possible outcome and settlement. Don’t sell yourself short as the full nature and extent of your injuries is often not known until long after the incident has occurred. Give yourself time to go through the medical and recovery process and learn how your injury may impact your future before accepting less than you may be entitled to.
Contact Southside Injury Law Today
Were you or a loved one injured in an accident as the result of another person’s negligence? At Southside Injury Law you become part of our extended family. Let us fight on your behalf to recover compensation that you may be owed.
With a history of winning compensation for our clients, let us work to get you the best possible outcome under the law.
Our team of experienced and compassionate Personal Injury Lawyers are here to help guide you through the process. Call us today to learn more about how Southside Injury Law can help you at: (770) 703-6008.